How to Pair Phonak hearing aids to an iPhone
Use the following steps to pair and connect your hearing aids to an iPhone
1. Go to the “Settings” menu on your iPhone.
2. In the settings menu, tap on the “Bluetooth” icon.
3. Tap on the slider to turn the Bluetooth “on”. If the Bluetooth is already on, tap on the slider to turn it off, then again to turn it on.
If your hearing aids use batteries:
Open the battery doors for 5 seconds, then close the battery doors. This will re-start your hearing aids.
If your hearing aids are rechargeable use one of the two methods to re-start your hearing aids:
Method 1: Charger
With the hearing aid charger plugged into a power source, insert the hearing aid into the charger for 5 seconds until the light on the hearing aid flashes, then remove it from the charger. Repeat this step for the other hearing aid if you have a pair of hearing aids.
Method 2: Button Press
Press and hold the bottom part of the rocker switch down for 3 seconds to turn the hearing aid off. The light on the hearing aid will flash red. Press and hold the bottom part of the rocker switch down again for 3 seconds to turn the hearing aid on. The light on the hearing aid will flash green. Repeat this step for the other hearing aid if you have a pair of hearing aids.
4. After several seconds, the name of your Phonak hearing aids will appear as:
R-Phonak Hearing or L-Phonak Hearing Aid
5. Click on the hearing aid name from the Bluetooth devices list. If the name of your Phonak hearing aids do not appear, turn the Bluetooth off and on again.
6. The hearing aid name will appear in the Bluetooth menu on the iPhone if it was successfully paired.
After you have successfully paired your hearing aids in the Bluetooth menu, go to the app and follow the pairing instructions to pair the hearing aids for use with the app.